Estate planning is at the heart of what we do. Our professionals have years of experience building estate plans of different sizes. From clients with modest assets to clients of substantial wealth, we have the experience to create and implement the right planning at a reasonable price. Our services begin with gathering data, meeting with clients, collaborating to find solutions to client needs, and drafting wills and trusts. Building on these initial services, we offer expertise in other areas that are part of a well-crafted estate plan, including charitable planning, asset protection, tax advice, planning for heirs with disabilities, and pre-marital and post-marital agreements.
Estate planning involves more than just the nuts and bolts of wills, trusts, and powers of attorney. Many emotional decisions have to be made when planning for death. We pride ourselves on our caring approach to estate planning that involves listening and helping clients navigate these decisions. Our experts will help implement your goals and address the needs of your family through efficient and tax-advantaged strategies.
“At our firm, we have a lot of IQ, but we also have a lot of EQ—emotional intelligence.”Mary Balent Long
Our areas of expertise touch on every part of estate planning:
- Estate planning for U.S. and non-U.S. citizens and resident aliens
- Estate administration and probate
- Gifting techniques and strategies
- Succession planning for business owners
- Representation of fiduciaries
- Estate and gift tax controversies, including audits
- Family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and closely held businesses
- Formation, administration and compliance of tax-exempt entities, including private foundations
- Charitable giving
- Asset protection
- Premarital and post-marital agreements and planning
- Planning for disabled persons, persons with special needs, and for incompetency